One of Infonet’s premier clients is looking to hire a Sr. Systems Administrator on a full-time basis.
Compensation: The position pays $130K + Bonus, healthcare coverage, vacation and retirement savings plan
The Sr. Systems Administrator is a leadership position responsible for overseeing the administration, operation, monitoring, tuning, and patching of Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytic Systems.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Development and management of monitoring systems to measure usage, ensure peak performance and proactively detect anomalies to ensure uptime for the business
• Management of multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
• Promoting the proper use of SAS and Power BI across the enterprise
• Staying current on upcoming features and enhancements
• Performing patches and upgrades
• Participate in project planning and proof-of-concepts shaping the best use of the SAS and Power BI
• Provide training to technical staff and business users
• Research and recommend best practices to continuously improve systems
• Systems support extends to shipboard systems
• Handle on call and after-hour support requests
• Strong expertise in the maintenance and operation of SAS and Power BI applications and components, including Base SAS, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, Power BI Premium, Power BI Report Server, and Power BI Data Gateway
• 5+ years of experience in BI systems administration and support in a medium to large company
• 3+ years of experience administering SAS, Power BI or equivalent systems
• 2+ years of experience with Windows and AIX system administration
• 2+ years of experience in SQL tuning with multi-terabyte size data sources
• 2+ years of experience delivering BI solutions in a medium to large company
• Strong experience working with Oracle, Azure Databricks, SQL Server and DB2 data platforms
• Experience using Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, Teams, Slack, and JIRA
• Familiarity with Agile Methodology, Data Warehouse and Data Lake concepts and data analysis
• Must be capable of articulating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to mentor and train others in small and large group settings.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• BI Systems Administration (Base SAS, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, Power BI Premium, Power BI Report Server, and Power BI Data Gateway)
• Windows and AIX System Administration
• Power BI API
• Oracle, Azure Databricks, SQL Server, DB2
• PowerShell scripting
• SQL Tuning
• Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, Teams, Slack, and JIRA
• Microsoft Power Platform
• Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Analysis concepts
• Agile Methodology
** No 3rd party vendors ** Unable to sponsor H1-B visas **
Please refer to position: 033123SSA - Sr. Systems Administrator: $130K/yr + Bonus & Benefits in the subject line of all correspondence.
Please select the "Apply Now" button. We look forward to reviewing your resume and speaking with you personally.