One of Infonet's premier clients has an opening for a Sr. Data Engineer. (7771)
TERMS: Contract to Hire
SCOPE OF WORK
• Develop and implement on MarTech and CDP data and integration product/service strategies and plans
• Create and maintain technical design documentation
• Lead requirements gathering, data mapping and designing
• Create, build, and maintain complex data pipelines from disparate sources that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
• Create, maintain, and reuse existing ETL/ELT processes, employing a variety of data integration and data preparation tools
• Mentor engineers in finding optimal and efficient solutions for designing, preparing, and storing data for analytical and operational use cases.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing pipelines for greater scalability, etc.
• Work with stakeholders including Product, Data and Business teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
• Create datasets for: (1) operational reports, key performance indicators/metrics, or other insights into current organizational activities, (2) analytics and data science to provide the ability to uncover the answers to major questions that help organizations make objective decisions and/or gain a competitive edge
• Write, debug, and implement complex queries involving multiple tables or databases across platform(s)
• Collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure alignment on data standards and processes
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in data systems
• Position requires on-call and off-hours support
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of experience in a data/cloud engineering role
• 5+ years of experience working and creating datasets for a data warehouse
• Clear understanding of data modeling patterns (relational and dimensional)
• Experienced in using best practices in designing, building, and managing data pipelines that require data transformations as well as metadata and workload management
• Experienced in working with large, heterogeneous datasets in building and optimizing data pipelines, pipeline architectures and integrated datasets using traditional and new data integration technologies (such as ETL, ELT, data replication, change data captures, message-oriented data movement, API design, stream data integration and data virtualization)
• Manages and develops data processing and assigns customers to marketing segments in the CDP; using demographic data, behavioral data, and intent signals and works with data scientists to incorporate machine learning outcomes into the overall customer segmentation model
• Experience with streaming technologies (Kafka, Pubsub, Kinesis) and log-based architectures and experience writing batch and stream processing jobs (i.e. Apache Beam, Google Cloud DataFlow, Apache Spark, Apache Storm)
• Experienced in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to identify issues and opportunities for improvement
• Expert level knowledge with programming languages including SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
• Expert level knowledge with relational SQL databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience with a scripting language: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
• Strive to provide orientation and direction to junior engineers requiring their expertise
• Experienced with continuous integration and continuous deployment practices
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge and experience working with agile methodologies and tools (such as Jira)
• 3+ years of cloud experience, Azure
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• 5+ years of experience with ETL development tools, Informatica or Azure Data Factory (ADF)
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
** No 3rd party vendors ** Unable to sponsor H1-B visas **
Please refer to position: 051922SDE - Sr. Data Engineer: $87/hr in the subject line of all correspondence.
Please select the "Apply Now" button. We look forward to reviewing your resume and speaking with you personally.